Saturday, March 10, 2012

Saturday Night Poetry Reading

I'm feeling a little Hammett...

Curse of the Lobster Woman



And feeling a little Hanson...*

The Dream Poetry of Rusty Kjarvik



And sensing that the world has come unhinged...

Fever from Solar Storms



* Why just put my voice on my own words, and those of long-dead masters, when great contemporaries are waiting to be sound out? Rusty Kjarvik (aka Matt Hanson) has kindly given his permission to me to say WORD on his behalf, with a little assist from VAS.

3 comments:

Rusty Kjarvik said...

I am deeply honored!

You've done a great mitzvah (good deed) as we'd say in my ma's house.

I always treasure your companionship and encouragement! Much appreciation for your words and voice!

You give breath to the breathless my friend...

Anonymous said...

The Ancient of primordial Feminine stirs within me, as I listen to my Husband's writing being read with such echoing Sufi delights. Great voice and great reading - thank you for sharing, so much.. - Vi An

Rusty Kjarvik said...

I am wondering, in your reading, I notice you left out the line, "rolling down to kill my boulder of trash" did you think this line should be taken out? I wouldn't disagree if you thought so.